The reason for suspension, was that the game was opening by default in full-screen mode. We’ve fixed the problem almost immediately when warned, but a couple of weeks later, they still suspended us. Most probably because whoever was testing it, had a cookie in their browser that instructed ROE to open in full screen mode.
We filed an appeal immediately after suspension but are still waiting for a response from them. We've tried to contact them in other ways ( user groups etc) with no results. Facebook does not have any other way for developer to contact them.
Important messages we want to share:
- There is a desktop login work around
- There is a mobile login work around
- There is a way to fully protect your account from Facebook in the future.
DESKTOP LOGIN WORK AROUND.
The work around, ironically, is to open the game in full screen mode! Steps:
- Try to enter the game, until you get the notification that the app is unavailable
- Then access this link : https://www.realmofempires.com/fullscreen.aspx
MOBILE LOGIN WORK AROUND
We are not sure this will work for everyone one, but for at least some it does work:
- Uninstall the mobile app
- Install it again
- When asked how you would like to login, say you are an existing user, then select Facebook.
If this does not work, read on.
PERMANENTLY PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT
To permanently protect your self from Facebook's outages, we have a way to convert your Facebook account to our own Tactica account. However, read careful what this entails before you do this.
We do recommend that all players convert their accounts. We have no idea if the above work around will continue to work. Covert your account