CRITICAL : Facebook login problems and work around.

Facebook is still not responding to our appeal from April 8th, despite their promise to respond within one business day


The reason for suspension, was that the game was opening by default in full-screen mode. We’ve fixed the problem almost immediately when warned, but a couple of weeks later, they still suspended us. Most probably because whoever was testing it, had a cookie in their browser that instructed ROE to open in full screen mode.

We filed an appeal immediately after suspension but are still waiting for a response from them. We've tried to contact them in other ways ( user groups etc) with no results. Facebook does not have any other way for developer to contact them.

Important messages we want to share: 

  1. There is a desktop login work around
  2. There is a mobile login work around
  3. There is a way to fully protect your account from Facebook in the future. 



DESKTOP LOGIN WORK AROUND. 
The work around, ironically, is to open the game in full screen mode! Steps:

  1. Try to enter the game, until you get the notification that the app is unavailable
  2. Then access this link : https://www.realmofempires.com/fullscreen.aspx 


MOBILE LOGIN WORK AROUND
We are not sure this will work for everyone one, but for at least some it does work:

  1. Uninstall the mobile app 
  2. Install it again
  3. When asked how you would like to login, say you are an existing user, then select Facebook. 
If this does not work, read on. 

PERMANENTLY PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT
To permanently protect your self from Facebook's outages, we have a way to convert your Facebook account to our own Tactica account. However, read careful what this entails before you do this. 

We do recommend that all players convert their accounts. We have no idea if the above work around will continue to work. Covert your account


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Could it be happening again ?

"Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later."

I get this every link I try

Anrib

Anonymous said...

Your work around does not work for me, everytime i get this:

Log in to Facebook
Error Accessing App
We're sorry, but the application you're trying to use doesn't exist or has been disabled.

I then access the link you mention but takes me back to the same thing

Unknown said...

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

I get this message when I open the work around link

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I should have stated I am using desktop (pc)

Anonymous said...

Also, I used to be able to access RoE through www.realmofempires.com and from there I would have the option to log in via facebook, kongregate and a couple of others. BUT this is no longer accessible to me, even if i am signed out of facebook

Unknown said...

I cant log on still and now im getting messages of attacks coming in! Probably should turn that off until you get this situation completely figured out!!!

Unknown said...

I'm getting pretty pissed off. I buy serves in this game and spend a lot of time playing and if I find out I lost a single city while this fiasco is going on I'm going to want to be reimbursed for every damn dollar I've spent. No free serves, none of that bullshit, money back in my account and I'll spend it playing a game that dose not blame Facebook everytime they mess it up.

Anonymous said...

Having issues logging in what's up.

Customer Support Number said...

If you have blocked a person on the Facebook app then, you can get easily unblock him/her. For that, select Settings & Privacy > Settings. In the left column of your settings and then, click on Blocking. In the Block Users section, you should see the blocked people list. Click on Unblock appears next to the person which you want to unblock.
Facebook Support Number UK